CBCF produce environmental films/documentaries, offer a minimum of two weeks film production training, community film showing, film distribution. We sell stock footage and stills. We are looking for conservation-themed films. We are working towards being conservation filmmaking agents in East Africa. We are also looking for collaborators and sponsors. We are happy to co-produce.
- To train indigenous young conservationists in Kenya, Tanzania and the rest of
East Africa to make biodiversity conservation films for the sake of effective
- To make these films in partnership with local communities about issues linked
to their local livelihoods.
- To distribute these films among education organisations (NGO and government)
within East Africa and beyond.
- To evaluate the effectiveness of digital films as a means of education and
capacity-building in schools, communities and countries where we exist.
ECOSTREAMZ is a new digital streaming platform similar to Netflix and Hulu, whose solitary goal is to provide easy access to important films and media dealing with environmental, social justice and wildlife conservation issues. In this day, when so much is happening at breakneck speed, it is now more critical than ever to be well informed. ECOSTREAMZ’ mission is to become THE media clearinghouse for the activist community to learn from, grow and come away being able to make a positive difference in this world.
While there are numerous streaming services out there today covering virtually every genre and topic, to our knowledge, nobody is doing exactly what ECOSTREAMZ is doing, the way we’re doing it.
So what makes us different?
- Partnerships – We’re not just a collection of movies. If you browse our site, you will notice we are aligning ourselves with organizations all over the globe covering a wide variety of issues. Through these partnerships, we provide organizations a wider audience by hosting their videos on our platform which can ultimately translate into more donors for the non-profit. Additionally, we promote our partners in newsletters and all appropriate press material. Organizations even have the opportunity to receive quarterly royalties based upon viewership of their videos during the prior period, see below. Some of our current partners include: International Primate Protection League, Ape Alliance, Gorilla Foundation, ALERT, CAPE (Center for Animal Protection and Education), SYRCL (South Yuba River Citizen’s League), the Borneo Project, In Defense of Animals, WildAid and most recently IISD (the environmental reporting service for the United Nations).
- Revenue Share – We give back. In fact, we give back more than most streaming services….80% of net revenue goes directly back to the filmmakers and/or organizations through a quarterly revenue share of films and media viewed during that period. Most streaming services only offer royalty percentages of between 25% and 50% net.
- Member discounts – We offer our partner’s members discounts on subscriptions to ECOSTREAMZ. Anywhere from 25% to 50% off the already low monthly subscription rate of $3.99.
- Singular Focus – Our only concern is making the world a better place. We are accomplishing this by presenting the most diverse collection of issue-related content anywhere. For that reason, our platform contains films both short and long and from all parts of the world. Some have received awards and some may be well known. But most you will never see anyplace else but on our site. This is due to the fact that we do not acquire films based on their popularity, but rather, on what they can offer the world in terms of a change message.
If you are interested in having ECOSTREAMZ host your films or if you wish to become a sponsoring organization, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Life on TERRA is the award-winning science and natural history podcast series that explores the natural connections that propel life on Earth.
Overseen by graduate students in the MFA in Science and Natural History Filmmaking Program at Montana State University, TERRA distributes independently produced science, nature, and environmental films.
We are proud to bring you these unique stories from around the globe that celebrate the wonders of the natural world