The Wildlife Film Festival Rotterdam (WFFR) is the only film festival for nature documentaries in the Netherlands and shows the most recent films from home and abroad. Since its first edition in 2015, WFFR has been taking place in the Rotterdam film theatre Cinerama, which was also the vibrant heart of the festival this year. The programme consists of beautiful documentaries showing the beauty of nature, as well as films showing the relationship between man and nature. During WFFR, visitors can talk to the many filmmakers present, attend special lectures and take part in interesting activities related to nature conservation.
WINNERS FLAMINGO AWARDS 2019
- Best Movie: Norway's Magical Fjords
- Best Short: M6NTHS
- Green Impact Award: Living in the Future's Past
- Animal Behaviour Award: Whale Wisdom
- Awareness Award: Sharkwater Extinction
- Van Lawick Conservation Award: The Serengeti Rules
- PZH People & Nature Award: Tigerland
- Children's Award: Wild Canada - Great Bear Rainforest
- Newcomer Award: The Last Male on Earth
- Virtual Reality Award: Cat Flight
TOP 3 PUBLIC FAVOURITES
- Red Ape: Saving the Orangutan
- Realm of the Robber - Christmas Island
- Sharkwater Extinction
Save the date!
WFFR 2020 will be held in Cinerama from Tuesday 27 October to Sunday 1 November 2020.