Underwater Cameraman and Filmmaker
I'm an underwater filmmaker who is passionate about marine life, conservation and shipwrecks, filming in 4k on a Sony PXW-FS7. I work on commission as an underwater cameraman, and also self-fund shoots to create and tell the stories I'm passionate about; I sell these as a stock package for broadcast.
I have been a contributor in several broadcasts; producers say they like my natural approach, passion, and enthusiasm on screen. (See link below)
When filming, I get close and intimate with my subject, putting in whatever time is needed to capture beautiful, rare, and natural behaviour with a range of lenses. I film with 5 minute story sequences in mind and shoot for the edit.
I also make films with my partner, Jackie Daly, a diver who writes and narrates our short films. We recently won the BWPAwards Wildlife in HD Video category.
- “Salmon sequence” – Highlands: Scotland's Wild Heart, Maramedia for BBC Scotland.
- “The Last Seahorse in Studland?” 90 sec film – Winner: BWPAwards, Wildlife in HD Video, 2015.
- “Highland’s Hidden Homes” 4 min film – Highland Seashore Biodiversity Project, Highland Council.
- “Destination Wild: Europe” – Commission & stock for Off The Fence for National Geographic.
- “Scotland's Hidden Flames” – BBC1 The One Show 2015, stock and contributor.
- “Sea Cucumber” – 4 minute feature, BBC2 Springwatch 2015.
- “Muckle Flugga sequence” – stock for BBC2 Springwatch 2015.
- “Lumpsucker sequence” – stock for BBC2 Springwatch at Easter 2015.
- “Loch Carron Flame Shells” 3 min film for the Edinburgh International Science Festival.
- “Cuttlefish sequence” – stock for BBC2 Atlantic Episode 1.
- “Meet the Flame Shell” – 4 minute feature for BBC2 Winterwatch 2015.
Example Film as Contributor: Scotland’s Hidden Flames, November 2015